Sunday 18 October 2015

18th Oct - Room 4 Ward 12

Evan has finished his antibiotics so with the 'drug line' removed he's able to get up and about, a wee bit dottery but as usual wanting to run rather than walk.

He has been moved out of the High Dependency Unit, and into Room 4, which is a room closer to the door and closer to home. It's obvious from the daily phone calls that Freya is missing us, as her Granny and Granda keep her busy and entertained, Jenny finds the "mummy I miss you" very difficult to deal with, she says she can hear it in Freya's voice, the thing is I can see it in her face. As I have said before in this blog, at a time like this there is no where else I would be than at the side of Evans hospital bed (a cot no longer) but being away from Freya is something that no Health Authority Planner can truly measure unless they have been through it themselves.

How we could get through this without my mum & dad looking after her back home - I will never know.

Today there was an incident with one of the babies on the ward and its now 11 o'clock at night and the nurses are slowly getting everything back to "normal" and under control, as much as a children's hospital ward is ever normal or under control.

I have heard many complaints about our health service but I will never ceased to be amazed by the dedication of these amazing individuals and oft times I just wish that parents on a ward would just think and act for themselves. Nurses are there to help your child recover and are trained to save your childs life should it be necessary, they are not there as your servant, dogs body or target for abuse, yes you maybe frustrated by the cut backs or how long your child has been waiting to be seen, but believe me so are they as they hear your story every day and witnesses it with their own eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment